Bienvenidos a CafeBoricua!

Bienvenidos a CafeBoricua.com,  Un foro donde se discute la Politica Boricua aparte de otros temas de actualidad e interes.  Aqui existe la mayor libertad de expresion donde pueden debatir libremente.  Registrate!

Como la mayoria de las comunidades en linea necesita registrarse para poder postear en nuestra comunidad, pero no se preocupe esto es un proceso simple que solo requiere minima informacion. Sea parte de Cafe Boricua creando una cuenta con nosotros.  Puede logearse con su cuenta de Facebook o Twitter.

• Comienze nuevos temas y responda a otros
  • Subscribirse a temas y foros y recibir actualizaciones automaticas.
  • Crea su propio perfil y haga nuevas amistades.
  • Comparta sus posteos o temas en las redes sociales.
  • Personalize su experiencia aqui.
  • Crea una encuesta!   Una gallery de fotos.  Anuncie un evento. 

Animate a participar en nuestro foro boricua!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dee

Lost Money Returned To Owner - What Would You Do People?

8 posts in this topic

A woman who took donated clothes from a relative returned the favor—with a
vengeance: She gave back the $30,000 she found inside the hand-me-downs.

Carol Sutor of Bristol, Pa., was going
through the clothes—which had belonged to her cousin’s daughter’s 85-year-old
mother-in-law, who had recently died—when she came across a canvas bag on a
hanger. In the bag was cash that had been stuffed into envelopes and wrapped in
layers of plastic bags.

Sutor told the website Phillyburbs.com,
“I unwrapped the bag, and there was another bag in another bag in another bag,
one of those deals, you know?” Inside of them she found stacks of hundred dollar
bills.

Sutor, owner of Advantage Insurance in Levittown, told the website, "Things
are tight. You struggle in your business, like everybody’s struggling. But when
you struggle you think, oh, wow, if only I had money, my troubles would be
solved. And so all this money shows up, but it’s the wrong way for it to come.
It wasn’t mine and I knew it.”

When Sutor told her cousin, Marlene Lattanzi, who lives in nearby Medford,
N.J., of the cash find, she came over to help count the bills. The cousins think
the money had been stashed someplace safe during Superstorm Sandy and never put
back in the bank after flooding ruined the mother-in-law’s house and car.

Lattanzi left with the money and called her son-in-law to tell him the good
news. Ten minutes later, Lattanzi returned to give Sutor $1,000 and her
son-in-law’s thanks for returning the funds.

Sutor said she didn’t spend much time wrestling with what to do. “I had to
give it back,” she told the news website. “I believe in karma; whatever I do
will come back to me, good or bad.”

One veteran of returned treasure could tell
Sutor it's worth it. Homeless man Billy Ray Harris, who gave back a diamond ring put accidentally in
his change cup, now has a home, a part-time job and a fund of over $186,000
donated to him—and was reunited with his family on TV.

I have read quite a few stories in the news lately (the past month) of people who have lost money somewhere, the subway, in the street, etc.  I find it quite strange... all of the persons that found the money have returned it, especially with the amount being in the thousands.  Question is... if you were to find a large amount of money - lets say $25,000 and have no idea who the money belongs to - would you keep it or would you try and find the rightful owner? 

if I know who the person is I would make an attempt to get it back to them, otherwise it's finders/ keepers. You know on another note I live a few miles from Westover AFB and see small crafts frying by the house and wonder if I found a suit case full of money in my backyard if I would return it or call the cops...I think I would because it could be "drug" money with a gps and the gangsters would be knocking at my door claiming it....weird thought uh?... :training:

How about the homeless man that returned a ring to a lady that accidently dropped it in his money can when she gave him some money.  I think she gave him a big reward.

Hey guys,

Magoo u made me laugh with that one... in that scenario I would definitely keep the money if it didnt belong to anyone and as long as it was untraceable.  Hey Mima I heard about that also,  when she realized that she had also given him her ring she returned the next day where he returned the ring and she gave him all of the cash that was in her money at the time.  Since then many people have given him donations, he was also reunited with a long lost family member.  His whole world changed for the better because of his unselfish act of kindness because he could have easily pawned the ring off for some cash.  Kudos to him...

One anecdote, when young I used o  go to the movies alone, and one day I was leaving the theater and found this bag on a seat that was not folded and grabbed it....but did not open it until I as outside, it was money but no ID inside, just a plain old colth bag...I thought later whom would carry money in such a bag with a cord to tie at the opening??...but it wasn't lot's possibly an equivalent of $30  weird  :training:

La honestidad es una cualidad individual fundida por el tiempo que se asentaron los valores individuales en cada ser humano..............

La educacion del hogar tiene que ver mucho con esa cualidad...................Saludos a todos..............

I think that's pretty a normal reaction.  That what most people would do I'll assume, even more being related.

I agree with Magoo, you would try to return it, that's what I would do, but to the person, not to a business or government.  For example in the bag at the theater I would go home with it and I would call the theater to let them know I found a bag with some money, would not tell them how much, if someone ask for it, give them my number and I will test whoever calls to make sure they are genuinely the rightfull owner.

1 person likes this

I think that's pretty a normal reaction.  That what most people would do I'll assume, even more being related.

I agree with Magoo, you would try to return it, that's what I would do, but to the person, not to a business or government.  For example in the bag at the theater I would go home with it and I would call the theater to let them know I found a bag with some money, would not tell them how much, if someone ask for it, give them my number and I will test whoever calls to make sure they are genuinely the rightfull owner.

Unortunately I was young and in Peru and we didn't have a phone at home and the theaters where only run by one person whom collects the money , then plays the movie, and there was no pop corn either...lol...times have changed if that happend today I would make an attempt to return it like you said making a phone call or leaving a number for the party to call me...$30 will not make me rich but may open opportunities meeting another person... :training: